A Seasonal Meal That’s Filling, Yet Light
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 to 12 minutes|
- 1 teaspoon light olive oil
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 to 5 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 3/4 small white onion, cut into rings
- 1-ounce crumbled goat cheese, for garnish
- 2 1/2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 small white onion, grated finely
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet on medium-high and stir in fennel. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned, flipping halfway through (increase heat to high if necessary). Set aside to cool.
- Toss fennel and salad ingredients in a large bowl, minus goat cheese.
- Chop salad to desired texture with a salad chopper or butcher knife, or serve unchopped. Whisk dressing ingredients, 2 1/2 teaspoons light olive oil, 1 tablespoon water, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1/4 small white onion, 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, and 1 teaspoon honey in a separate bowl. Toss with salad.
- Arrange in bowls and top with goat cheese and crusty whole-grain bread.
- Handy Hint: Need more spring flavors? Caramelize 1/2 cup sliced radishes with the fennel.
|Serving Size (Amount Per Serving)||Measurement|
|Saturated Fat||2.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5.3 g|