Enjoy this low-calorie twist on the classic Italian dessert:
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
- 1 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta
- 3/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey or any sweetener
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon liqueur such as amaretto or cognac, optional
- 15 ladyfinger cookies
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen fruit
- Unsweetened cocoa for dusting
- Whisk ricotta, Greek yogurt, and honey in a large bowl and refrigerate.
- In a mug, mix coffee, vanilla, and liqueur (if using) and set aside.
- Make a row of ~10 ladyfingers on a glass rectangular baking dish and drizzle each cookie with a teaspoon of coffee mixture. Cover with a thick layer of ricotta mixture and smooth with a spatula.
- Add a row of the fruit and remaining ladyfingers, drizzle with coffee mixture, and cover with a second layer of ricotta mixture.
- Smooth mixture and dust with cocoa.
- Refrigerate or freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Handy Hint: To avoid a mushy mess with the ladyfingers, drizzle, don’t soak, them with the coffee mixture.
|Serving Size (Amount Per Serving)||Measurement|
|Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||0.9 g|