This hearty but surprisingly low-calorie breakfast supplies plenty of energy for your morning, and the sweetness of the potatoes makes it feel more indulgent than it actually is.
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small diced red onion
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 large sweet potato (about 10 ounces), grated with the large side of box grater
- 1 cup spinach leaves, torn into small pieces
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the onion and ⅛ teaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 8 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the sweet potato and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and beginning to brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the spinach, remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt, and black pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until the spinach is wilted and potatoes are browned.
- Using a wooden spoon, push the potatoes up the sides of the skillet, leaving four spaces on the surface of the skillet. Crack an egg into each hole. Cook the eggs until the whites are set. Divide the potatoes evenly between 2 plates and top each with two eggs.
|Serving Size (Amount Per Serving)||Measurement|