A quick and simple salad of refreshing fruit and veggies.
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- 3/4 cup cubed fresh mango (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 1 medium orange
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño peppers (about 1 pepper)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine mango, pineapple, and red bell pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Grate 1 teaspoon rind from the orange; set aside. Peel orange, and cut out sections over a small bowl; squeeze membranes to extract juice. Reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Discard remaining juice and membranes. Add reserved orange rind and sections to mango mixture. Add jalapeño pepper, reserved orange juice, and sugar; toss gently. Let stand 10 minutes.
|Serving Size (Amount Per Serving)||Measurement|
|Saturated fat||0.1 g|
Recipe Source: Oxmoor House Healthy Eating Collection, Oxmoor House 2001