Local greens are a favorite sign of the new season, but don’t turn up your nose at tropical travelers as well. Champagne mangoes, also called Ataulfo mangoes, are more commonly found in the produce section come early spring. They aren’t as fibrous as the green-skinned variety, and their sweet, creamy flesh brightens up any salad bowl.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||0 minutes|
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon honey or any sweetener
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 6 cups arugula
- ½ cup mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- ½ avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Add the corn to a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Add a pinch of cayenne, if using, and stir to combine. Remove from the pan, set aside, and let cool.
- Add the honey to a small glass jar or measuring cup with 1 teaspoon of warm water, and stir until dissolved. Add the lime juice and a pinch of salt and stir to combine. Add the olive oil by whisking in a steady stream until emulsified. Add the cilantro and whisk to combine. Set the vinaigrette aside.
- Add the arugula, mango, avocado, seeds, and corn to a serving bowl and toss gently to combine. Serve the vinaigrette at the table.
|Serving Size (Amount Per Serving)||Measurement|
|Saturated Fat||2.2 g|