This one-pot meal’s rich in vitamin A and comfort food flavors
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 – 40 minutes|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed to reduce salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spices such as chili powder, cumin, or paprika
- 3 cups no- or low-salt vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- Heat oil in stockpot on medium low. Cook onion and tomatoes until soft, about three minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Handy Hint: Serve with low-fat shredded cheese, your favorite hot sauce, and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt for added flavor.
|Serving Size (Amount Per Serving)||Measurement|
|Saturated Fat||0.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.8 g|